Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm An Illegal Alien

My Passport is gone! It's Missing!!!

I've retraced every step I've taken in Jordan in the last five days. It's gone!

To make make matters worse, I was supposed to renew my VISA 5 days ago. I went in to do this and then they sent me to get unexpected blood work done. So somehow in the span of three days... It disappeared. Vanished.

Lost. Without a Trace. I'm wondering where the Law and Order is, I've already been to the COPS. Criminal Minds might be at work out there with my Alias. The passport wasn't in my House, it wasn't at The Office, and I've searched all over The Community. I've worked the Numb3rs, and it just doesn't add up. I haven't had many Happy Days, with too many Late Nights - there's been no Glee, even with my Friends.

Send out the Heroes, my very own A-team, someone's gotta pay, I need some Avengers. Please if any of you have been Touched By An Angel, let me know and get out solve these X-Files. I would even settle if you are a Dark Angel or one of Charlie's Angels. From the Desperate Housewives, to the American Dad's, Journeyman, or any Fugitive from the law, answer this call, your very own Mission Impossible, and I know America's Got Talent. Start the Sunday Countdown, I won't stop, I'll be sleepless with Insomnia until the day I shout "Eureka, So You Think You Can Dance?"

And just for the record straight, (one last one I promise) I didn't lose it Accidently on Purpose. No, it just went missing.

So this makes me an illegal alien in Jordan. I went to the US Embassy today, but you what... they close at 12:10 today... because its the end of the month (even though its the 29th, and a Thursday). They don't open again until Sunday.

But that was the end of this day, no it got worse.

I went over for a piece of Chocolate cake... I needed something. When I left the restaurant, it started raining... actually pouring on me. I was soaking wet. I jumped a taxi, but because of the strong rains and some Stock Rally Car thing going on in Abdoun, most of the roads were blocked off.

I get the bank on foot, I have 1 dollar left in my wallet. I go inside to check my statements, but what do you know, I cannot do that because my statements are in Hong Kong... and their systems are not wired together in Jordan. So I walk downstairs to pull out money.

The receipt pops out, but I'm waiting for my card, and waiting and waiting. The problem, it had popped out, but because of a plastic guard over it, that covered the card, I didn't know I could pull it out. So, now I'm in trouble because the bank machine gobbles up my card AND I still don't have any money.

I walk back upstairs. "Sorry, we cannot take out the card until.... Sunday." NOOOOOOOOOO!
Can you just give me money from my account then? No, I'm sorry, we cannot do that either. This is a bank isn't it? Don't you have money?

Finally, the manager calls up and gets approval... and pulls the card out. I ask if I can just try to get the money again... he said, "Don't do that, I think its broken." You need to go over to the international branch. "But hurry up, they close in 45 minutes. "

Remember that Stock Car Rally? Well all the roads were well blocked off for a few blocks. I walk and walk. And I cannot find a taxi. 20 minutes left. Finally I find a taxi. We race off to the HSBC bank. I get their within 10 minutes......

Finally I got money... but I do have to check in a few days my online statements... to see if they took charged me an extra $200 dollars. Life has been frustrating to me. And I still don't have my passport. But Hahmdellah (?sp), Praise be to God... He hasn't abandoned me yet!!!! (Even though it seems so chaotic and complex).

Ma Salam,
Greg

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard to believe, you know you have to believe it! Hope tomorrow is a better day - can it get any worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well it sorta did... later that night I ate a Chinese restaurant and they treated me so horribly. So rude to me, when everyone around me got excellent service. And the movie I wanted to watch, Rambo that night wasn't working....

    But the next day was better. After all... "momma said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this momma said." Still trying to get another passport though! Keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I had read the update. I had Mrs. Bach spread the word and all our friends are in prayer over your passport situation.

    I love you and am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MAI!!! That really sounds like trouble =( I hope you can get your new passport asap. I really like the way you incorporated TV shows into your paragraphs (haha I remember Dark Angel, and House brings back psych memories). Poeeeeeetic!! =D

    ReplyDelete